Getting a solar energy landing page properly optimized for conversion is hell for most alternative energy companies; they always find a way of getting things completely wrong.
With things wrong and proper optimization far off, many things are also lost in the process, chief amongst which is patience, time and most importantly, money.
This does not need to be, if only you know the things you are supposed to do (as a solar business owner) in the exact manner they need to be done. This blog entry today focuses on that.
Shall we fire? First things first though.
What is a Solar Energy Landing Page?
In the general online marketing world, a landing page is any single page of a website where visitors are directed to for a particular and distinct purpose.
When site visitors ‘land’ on such a page, the actions primarily expected of them are either any of the under-listed or all of the two:
- Share their contact details or
- Take an action that will directly lead to a purchase.
In the case of solar energy landing page, the above explanation still stands, except that, it only applies to solar energy companies interested in clean renewable energy and its consumption in the world.
A solar landing page is thus a (single) dedicated page on the site of a solar energy company’s website where the company either opts to ‘harvest’ emails and/or other contact details (for marketing or research purposes) or simply aims to make direct sales from visitors landing on it. Sometimes, the two objectives above are paramount and success may sought to be recorded with all two.
Optimizing a Solar Energy Landing Page: What Does this Truly Mean?
As already explained above, the prime essence of a landing page is to ensure that an action is taken. This action can either be the remittal of contact details or the closing of an actual sale.
When a page from a solar energy website belonging to a solar business or an alternative energy company is singled out for this purpose, it means that, the page is primed up to serve a very important function: helping the company make money.
Optimizing a solar landing page is thus the process of priming a select page from the many pages of the website of a solar energy company website with the sole intention of making money from that page, either immediately or later on.
In summary, optimizing a landing page from the very many pages of a solar energy website is thus the all important process of turning the page from an ordinary, mere page to an important money spinning page.
Why Should Solar Energy Companies/Businesses Care about Optimizing a Landing Page (Landing Pages) for Conversion?
With the thorough explanation already given above, this question has already answered itself 🙂
However, to make things easier and straightforward, here are 3 great reasons a company ought to be motivated by to work on its landing pages:
- Well optimized landing pages convert madly and conversion means money. Which company can continue in business without good revenue?
- Having clearly defined landing pages that are ready for conversion indicates to a company’s online marketing department which pages more efforts and ad Dollars should be pumped in. This eliminates guesswork, saves time and makes results more certain and easy to measure – and predict.
- Knowing and properly identifying the ‘money pages’ ensures that an alternative energy company knows the pages to intensify the process of building links to. With properly built links from relevant and authoritative sites, another beautiful reality will come to pass: solar SEO. With this, leads and customers will come knocking, without any need for direct adverts again.
The 6 Most Successful Land Page Tips for Solar Energy Companies
After the introductory bits, here are the most important tips for solar energy landing page(s) that convert.
1. Ensure Thorough Declutter
The human brain craves order and certainty – without any exceptions.
In its absence however, chaos is bound to hold sway and confusion, naturally, results. If you desire to test this, ask your regular 5 year old to play right in your bedroom for about an hour and then, attempt to work in that bedroom on a serious project.
My guess is simple – and already well known: you’ll work a bit, stare around the messy room and then, get distracted, wondering why in hell a room for a human has to be that messy!
This is the same thing that happens to a solar landing page with too much clutter.
If you’re interested in optimizing your solar energy landing page(s) for badass conversion thus, you’ll need to be smart enough to see that some nasty page elements like Facebook like buttons, Google-plus share buttons, all other pieces of social media texts/elements or any piece of random text/graphic that does not immediately serve the direct interests of the landing page is an enemy of the page under consideration.
This is thus the all important rule of decluttering when it comes to landing pages: ‘does this element directly help the visitors landing here to take the desired action(s)?’
Only keep the said elements if the answer is a sound and loud ‘yes’. If you are either uncertain or pretty sure it is a ‘no’, move on and save both your time and energy; do otherwise at your company’s peril!
2. Eliminate More than 2 Choices/Options
Contrary to conventional wisdom, too many choices, while visually pleasing to consumers/visitors, eventually overwhelm them, resulting in no sales!
This is self explanatory – but curiously needs an explanation to drive home the point. Humans need choices, no doubt. However, more often than it is healthy, those choice are simply needed for the satisfaction of mere curiosity (and nothing more).
If you are thus interested in getting your company’s alternative energy landing page(s) to convert in a healthy and ultra-brilliant manner, kindly reduce the choices you give your visitors…keeping things at 2 (the most) is standard practice in this regard.
This way, your audience is immediately clear on what is expected: which should clearly be either ‘A’ and ‘B’ or simply, ‘A’ or ‘B’.
See how simple the whole task becomes when you begin by simplifying your options?
If you need ideas, kindly take a look at the most famous and popular site in the world, Google.
3. Use Crisp, Clear & Captivating Photos
The implication of this finding published by the SSRN – Social Science Research Network is quite illuminating, as it possesses the unique ability to aid the solar energy company who is listening make far more than would ordinarily be imagined.
This is where the use of crisp, clear and clearly captivating photos come into play where solar energy landing pages are concerned.
Unfortunately, most alternative or clean energy landing pages online today are plain blocks of texts that are likely to even turn off solar engineers or make passionately green living enthusiasts sleep for at least an hour, unprepared 🙂
Fortunately, the answer is here before you…
An excellent solar landing page that will do the business of conversion excellently should have awesome photos that demonstrate the point of the text and importantly, convince the reader of their realness or the direct benefits that can be got/enjoyed if the action desired/sought after is taken seriously and carried out.
This is how best to use psychology and your unique knowledge of human behaviour to better the conversion lot of your company’s landing page(s).
4. A Clear – and Actionable CTA
The grand essence of a landing page is to get your company’s audience to carryout a desired task, majorly, parting with their contact details or ensuring financial commitment.
This, in theory, is quite easy to envisage, particularly if you run an alternative energy industry. In practice however, things can get complicated – far more complicated than initially anticipated or foreseen.
One of such complication is the reality that a ton of targeted visitors actually land on select landing pages and completely fail to carryout any of the desired task(s) the company wishes for.
This can be quite painful and utterly frustrating. Enter a clear and actionable Call to Action (CTA).
An actionable, clear and inspired CTA that is geared towards the immediate performance of the desired action is often the necessary push needed to ‘force’ visitors into taking the all important action that would mean more sales or revenue for your solar energy company.
However, make certain that you get things right and make it worth their while. If you lack ideas in this regard, Hubspot has a great collection of inspiration to fire you up and get your creative juices flowing 🙂
5. Brevity & a Sense of Positive Urgency
Human beings have a deadly short attention span – a mere 8 seconds!
This means that, if you are to get the visitors who land on your site to perform an action, you only have a mere, sad 8 seconds to achieve that or your visitors may start wondering what in hell they are even doing on your page in the first place!
Having a clear message and an actionable CTA is part of the overall strategy; however, if you really are to reap the full benefits of your solar energy landing page(s), you’ll certainly need more than that…you’ll need to add an element of positive urgency and importantly, keep things short and super interesting so that your visitors don’t get bored and move unto the great online wonderland (in the process).
Brevity keeps things short, sweet and super interesting why a positive sense of urgency makes certain that the desired action is taken well before the mind or eyes wonders away…
…remember, the attention span in focus: 8 seconds!
6. A Positive Assurance that Action can be Taken Safely – and Immediately
This is the final step you have to fix to ensure that your solar energy site converts like mad: do not give the visitor any excuse to leave – aside making certain that you have sufficiently fixed the 5 points above.
This can means a ton of things. However, for starters, make certain that:
- You have an SSL certificate installed for your site/domain…nothing inspires more (purchasing) confidence like the little, green padlock.
- Make the checkout process as painless and easy as possible…remember the short attention span; use this unique knowledge to your advantage.
- Provide various means of checking out – and be sure that Paypal is inclusive, if you are desirous of closing sales on your landing page directly – and fast.
- Prominently display the security seals of security/anti-virus companies that you have signed up with…no one would appreciate downloading viruses into their systems; assure them 🙂
- Finally, be certain to make sure that your landing page(s) load(s) damn fast. Anything more than 2 seconds is unacceptable and you risk facing an abandoned cart or worse, a visitor using the ‘X’ button!
2 Extra Tips on Firing your Solar Conversions Right through the Skies!
These extra tips are not directly related to the conversion of your solar landing page(s). However, if you take these two (2) extra tips serious, you will definitely land more traffic to your landing pages and more targeted traffic = more opportunity at conversion 🙂
- Get more dofollow links from external, related and highly authoritative sites and point them to the page(s) in question. This will enhance the visibility of the pages in question on the SERPs and this will mean more organic traffic and an added opportunity at conversion.
- Create internal links on the same site from other posts and pages (with a greater Page Authority) and point same to the landing page(s) in question. This way,you will also add to the authority of the page(s) in question and the results will be as the option in (1) above.
Capping up – and a Simple Question
Optimizing solar landing pages for badass conversion can be fun, if you know what you are doing.
Luckily, you now have a clear outline to that effect. I must therefore wish you (and your solar energy company) the very best as you tackle your pages and optimize them for good, old conversion…conversion that will certainly mean more revenue in the days to come 🙂
However, if the lines above appear either too complex or you do not have the time/patience to wire out the feat, then, I can help: click here let’s talk.